BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gautam
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my SAS VA from 7.1 to 7.3. (windows, Non-Distributed SAS LASR)

I did go through the documents in the below link:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/

But im not getting a clarity on this. It would be great if anyone could help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello, it is not clear what your question is, do you just want to know, "How do I upgrade?"

This is not my area of expertise, but I believe that you will need to contact your SAS representative to obtain a deployment plan.

Thanks,

Sam

muralavenu_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi There,

You are looking for upgrade your SAS VA from 7.1 to 7.3. (Windows, Non-Distributed SAS LASR).  That means Single Server Installation.  

If you want to UPGRADE, there are two types of environments are there. 

1. HTTP

2. HTTPs (Secure Socket Layer (SSL Certificate))

HTTP: You can UPGRADE the environment without uninstalling your environment.

HTTPs: You need to take the whole environment backup (Metadata), Uninstall 7.1 it and Install 7.3, then Migrate your reports backup. 

If it you are not familiar in SAS Installation and this is your client environment, better take help from SAS Tech Support.     

Thanks & Regards,

Venu Murala  | Sr. SAS Consultant.

Venu Murala
gautam
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Mr.Venu,

Thanks for the reply.

Say i'm following one of the two types for upgrading.
Can i do these with my existing depot software or do i need a new depot file from SAS to upgrade?

Thank you.
muralavenu_gmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi There,

SAS VA 7.1 Depot is different and SAS VA 7.3 Depot is different.  So you need to get it from SAS.

Thanks & Regards,

Venu Murala  | Sr. SAS Consultant.

Venu Murala
VivekRathod
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Venu murala please unblock my number on whatsapp. I am waiting for your response.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation