BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hilal1422
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am creating one report in SAS Visual Analytics 8.3 on SAS Viya(03.04) platform. I want to sort list and cross tab object by column that is not there in list and cross-tab. Custom sort is not applicable here because values are more than 25. Column that I want to sort has character values and when I sort it values are sorted alphabetically. I have created new column which has numerical sequence of those character values. Customer don't want to see sequence column in the list or cross tab they want character column but sorted in correct sequence. 

e.g.

Sort_Column       Sequence

19Jan                     1

19Feb                     2

19Mar                     3

19Apr                     4

....                         ....

Can anyone suggest me how to achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

In VA 8.4, you can sort on a hidden column although the way you do it is a little clunky:

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.4&docsetId=vaobj&docsetTarget=n0333twliqddfu...

In 8.3, I don't think it is possible to sort on a column that is not displayed in the table.

That said, the values in your example appear to be date values. You could parse these values as dates and apply a date sort.

Sam

hilal1422
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Sam, I can see version number here as 8.3 only. I will check with SAS Admin to install 8.4

Thank you for your reply.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation