BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tfarkas
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm running SAS VA 7.1, and there don't appear to be any labels for the slider control objects. What am I missing? You can view the variable name when hovering over the slider, but there must be a way to label these like other objects.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tfarkas
Obsidian | Level 7

We've discovered that by putting the slider in a prompt container within the controls bar, you can magically create titles. You can also include a list object to control the entire tab or report, which otherwise seems impossible.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In 7.4, on the Properties tab, there is a Name field and a Title field. Are you saying that there is no Title field in 7.1. I see nothing in the documentation that talks about changes in this area.

tfarkas
Obsidian | Level 7

Correct, there is no Title box, as there is with every other object. See photo.

slider_title_fail.PNG

tfarkas
Obsidian | Level 7

We've discovered that by putting the slider in a prompt container within the controls bar, you can magically create titles. You can also include a list object to control the entire tab or report, which otherwise seems impossible.  

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation