BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
upadhi
Quartz | Level 8

I have following queries with respect to SAS Viya:

1. Building Models: Does SAS VA provide flexibility for making changes to the model equation generated through SAS VA? Also, can the user write his own code using the interface and make data manipulations etc.?
  2. Generating forecasts:  Is it possible to plug-in a user-defined model equation and generate forecasts for a chosen data using that equation?
  3. Variable Selection: Incase a particular KPI is not available in the existing options, can the user write his/her own code and add the KPI to the list of options
  4. Data limitations: Does SAS VA have any limitations in terms of data size used for performing predictive analytics using the SAS VA interface
  5. Charts/Graphs: Is it possible to export graphs/charts in the same excel where model results are exported?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

1) Not within VA; you have to export the model and then you can change the score code.  For models that use an ASTORE table for the scoring process, I don't think you can manipulate the model in any detailed way.

2) No; you would need to use a dedicated forecasting product for that (e.g. Forecast Studio).

3) Do you mean create a new calculated column?  This is available from the Data panel.  

4) There are some limits, usually on the number of variables that you can assign to a model.  Rows should not be limited, although Forecasting does require time binning to avoid plotting too many points.

5) I don't think so.  The data exports as a nice Excel sheet, but the charts/graphs download as images or PDFs in a separate feature (export data versus 'print').  The print feature does also print the details tables, which contain the model parameters.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

1) Not within VA; you have to export the model and then you can change the score code.  For models that use an ASTORE table for the scoring process, I don't think you can manipulate the model in any detailed way.

2) No; you would need to use a dedicated forecasting product for that (e.g. Forecast Studio).

3) Do you mean create a new calculated column?  This is available from the Data panel.  

4) There are some limits, usually on the number of variables that you can assign to a model.  Rows should not be limited, although Forecasting does require time binning to avoid plotting too many points.

5) I don't think so.  The data exports as a nice Excel sheet, but the charts/graphs download as images or PDFs in a separate feature (export data versus 'print').  The print feature does also print the details tables, which contain the model parameters.

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You can override at least partly score code ad it is described here.
https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2018/01/25/using-proc-astore-to-override-scoring-decisions-in-sas-...
But please help me with localizing the epcode. I can use it for scoring but I cannot figure out where I find this file in order to change the sas code.
MikeJenista
SAS Employee
I have had this problem as well--the paths displayed in a lot of CAS examples are paths relative to the where the session was started. It can be difficult to find content like code files through other file navigations. There is an additional complication now that CAS libraries have to be defined with relative paths for security reasons. I am not aware of a way to ask a CAS session for the current working directory, or equivalent.
The way I got around this in the past was to ask the system administrators about the directory structure, and they usually knew how to reconcile relative CAS locations with the absolute machine locations.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation