BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DineAch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Every one,

I am using SAS VA and i need to have a cross tables that display a cumulative sum by fiscal year and by month.

My variable of mesure is my Cumulative Sum.

In the rows, i want to use a hierarchy created with two variables (fiscal year (first variable) and month )

So my table will display both cumulative sum by fiscal year and when i select fiscal year, i will have cumulative sum by month.

Actually, i am just able to have cumulative sum by fiscal year or cumulative sum by month in two different table.

I will appreciate to know if it is possible to use a hierarchy and have a cumulative sum by fiscal year and a cumulative sum by month in my crossTable

I hope my question is clear.

Thanks you .

2 REPLIES 2
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @DineAch ,

Thank you for your question. It would greatly help if you could sketch how your data looks like and what the Crosstab should look like.

Also, what is the version of VA you have in your hands?

Best regards,

Petri

DineAch
Fluorite | Level 6

Crosstab image.jpg

Hi @PetriRoine . I am not sure but i think my version is SAS VA 9.4.

Please, see in the image left, what my cross tab should ressemble.

In the image, they use a table list but i need to use a crossTab for hierarchy variable.

I want to use Hierarchy variable(fiscal year, month of year) instead of Order_Date in the image.

So my crosstab will display cumulative profit by year (when you click in fiscal year) and cumulative profit by month...

Thanks for your help.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation