BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
macambo1
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to link a default percentage to the slider object in SAS VA. Based on the percentage for the specific department I would like the slider to start at that percentage and allow the user to manually adjust the slider.

The output should be a line graph with the initial Operating Cost and another line that is the Operating Cost inflated by the percentage shown on the slider. 

What is the best way to link a table with percentages to a slider? The data extract I provided is for the HR department. If another department is selected the slider needs to start at the appropriate default percentage. 

Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarification. Thank you in advance for your help resolving this.

Best,

M

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I'm not sure it is possible to "preset" the slider value in the way you are asking.

From your question, however, I am wondering if you would rather be using a Forecasting object. The Scenario Analysis feature of the Forecasting object is very similar to what you are asking.

Here is the doc for the Forecasting object:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.2&docsetId=vaobj&docsetTarget=n02vzucrj0t...

Hope this helps,
Sam
macambo1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. We cannot use the Forecast object. I am looking for some way to preset either slider objects or drop down menus. 

Thanks!

Madeline 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation