BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MikeBsocal
Calcite | Level 5

@Sam_SAS @HunterT_SAS 

I'm trying this: I've created a simple table (excel sheet) with 12 month numbers (1 through 12 for each month of year) and the corresponding month names in a second column.

Then I'm creating a calculated field in my main data that extracts the month from the Report Month -- so now I have a Month Number in both tables. I want to join these two tables on Month Number. Using a Left or Outer join. I'm hoping to force the 12 month numbers into the joined data, thus months with null patient count values will still be displayed.

I heard in a SAS Explore Training yesterday with Dominique Weatherspoon that I can only create a join using a Calculated Item with SAS Data Studio -- but it can't be done in VA. Do you know how to do that? I haven't figured it out yet. This is my first time in Data Studio... I can get to the join piece of it but I don't see the option to use the calculated field I created for Month Number.

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 like
  • 8 in conversation