BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rulle
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!
Is there anyone that know where i can find the XML schema file for VA reports?
I export the VA Report definitions to XML and use the XML mapper to read the XML-file so i can analyse the VA report.

Someone that know where i can find it?

5 REPLIES 5
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hey @Rulle ,

I have moved this post to the "Visual Analytics" board.

Solutions > SAS VIYA > SAS Visual Analytics.

I do not know anything about it

, but I think the BIRD XML and the BIRD JSON of the VA-report are not documented.

Koen

Rulle
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @sbxkoenk 
Thank you for moving my post.

It is a pity if this is not documented. It is a lot of work if i have to do this myself by analysing XML's and run it through the XML mapper.
This will be easyer in the latest VA versions where this is built in.

Rune

HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Can you clarify what exactly it is you are trying to do? The XML schemes are not publicly documented for any VA release so I'm not certain what you mean by built-in later versions, so I'm assuming we are talking about two different things maybe. 

There are rest APIs where you can retrieve the report content (in JSON format) for both Viya 3.5 and Viya 4:
Viya 3.5 => https://developer.sas.com/apis/rest/v3.5/Visualization/#reports
Viya 4 => https://developer.sas.com/apis/rest/Visualization/#reports

I don't know if that's helpful but if you can provide more information about what you're doing we can give better advice I expect. 

DumDum
Calcite | Level 5

From 'Management Console', we find the report within the 'Folders' tab, right-click and select 'write contents to external file'

HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Ah ok so this is SAS 9.4. In that case the rest APIs I mentioned won't be relevant. 

What do you do with it after you export it, or what are you wanting to do? Generally speaking, manipulating the XML definitions is not something we could officially provide support for (since the schemas aren't publicly documented as mentioned), but that's not to say you can't do it or changes you make might not work. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation