BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ChrHC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS experts.

I have run in to a problem that i hope you guys can be helpful with.

I have recently calculated a monthly average and created a curve diagram with two axis.

However my average does not allign itself properly on the y-axis. It appears to "round up its location", but the data is however not rounded. (see picture below).

Does any have any idea what could cause thisSAS VA graph.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
If you are using a dual-axis chart, try using the basic version instead (a basic Line Chart instead of a Dual-Axis Line Chart). This should help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

The placement of the left Y axis line is centered because there is only one value. By coincidence, the center of your Y2 axis is close to the same value, but slightly different.

Depending on the version of VA that you have, you might be able to manually set the axis maximum and minimum values to be identical for the Y1 and Y2 axes.

(Actually, it may be simpler just to use a line chart that has a shared Y axis instead of separate Y1 and Y2 axes.)

Sam

ChrHC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, thank you for your reply Sam.

The users of this report will need to use a time filter at their leisure, which means the average will change depending on their choices.

So a fixed line is not an option.

I'm not sure that i understand why the line cannot setup on the y-axis based on one value?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
If you are using a dual-axis chart, try using the basic version instead (a basic Line Chart instead of a Dual-Axis Line Chart). This should help.
ChrHC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.

You are absolutely right. The line is now properly alligned.

You mention the ability to share an y-axis in your earlier post, can i ask you to elaborate a little on that method?

Thank you for your help!

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
When I mentioned sharing an axis, I just meant using a basic line chart and applying both measures to the same axis. I don't think shared axes are possible in the dual-axis line chart (or dual-axis time series plot).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation