BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PaolaTop
Calcite | Level 5

Adobe Flash will no longer be supported by Adobe after Dec 2020. Adobe Flash is used by dashboards created in SAS BI using the SAS BI Dashboard web client. Many of our dashboards will be impacted by this. I wonder what solution other companies are taking . Ours are suggesting to leave SAS BI and go for Spotfire. Please share 

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@PaolaTop  - I'm not familiar with SAS BI Dashboard but I suspect that SAS Visual Analytics would be the SAS successor to this legacy product. As I understand it SAS VA 7.5, the latest version based on SAS 9, no longer requires Flash and is HTML5 only: https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=7.5&docsetId=vawn&docsetTarget=p03fow7vh87x8nn...

There is also a Viya version of VA and that is HTML5-based as well. 

Gregor_Herrmann
SAS Employee

I agree: SAS Visual Analytics would be the best way to go as it already has out-of-the-box objects that are well suited to replace SAS BI Dashboard functionality both on SAS 9 or Viya. Apart from that the latest release of SAS BI Dashboard comes with a viewer that is flash-free as well.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation