BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
data_ipr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone!

I am trying to convert a category containing different regions of a country into a geographical variable. I am aware that SAS VA needs a special coding, as far as the region names are concerned, and I accomplished that in a preprocessing phase. However, I cannot change the variable type in the designing report section. The weird thing is that if I import the same column (variable) from a .csv file containing only that column (and not all the others), SAS VA recognizes it as a geographical variable by itself. Anyway, I would like to import all the variables from the same .csv dataset, and not to split them in a preprocess phase.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Giorgio,

Can you share some more information about the problem you are having?

Specifically, what do you mean when you say that you cannot change the variable type?

Are you attempting the task as documented in the user's guide?

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0lwmd82he8anen1qnau...

Also, could you show us what the values of your geographic variable look like?

Thanks,

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation