BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
abparks_jl
Fluorite | Level 6

I am reporting on a customer satisfaction survey with SAS VA and this is all new to me. I normally use SPSS and have found SAS VA to be quite the learning curve. 

Background:

I created a calculated item to  summarize one of our questions. I used the IF/THEN statement where 1= Very satisfied 2= Satisfied etc. This part I am good and have displayed it on a cross tab (see attachment). My question is - i'd like to have a table that shows only the "Very Satisfied + Satisfied" total count and col %. When I try to do this using the filter option I noticed that it affects my total counts and column %. Is there a way to just hide the other values and keep "Very Satisfied + Satisfied" numbers only? I know there is a way to do this but am completely stuck on how to do that. 

Any help from this community would be awesome. Thanks in advance! 

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Do you have only VA or do you have Viya with the components to do data wrangling as well?
If not, I'd use something else and present results in VA.

Note that you can use VA to do this....just not sure you should be, especially if you need to do any data cleaning/recoding and such.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

@abparks_jl wrote:

I normally use SPSS and have found SAS VA to be quite the learning curve.  

Interesting....I wouldn't consisder VA to be a replacement for SPSS, Viya would be. 

VA is more equivalent to Tableau/PowerBI and the thought of trying to analyze survey data in one of those makes my head hurt. 

abparks_jl
Fluorite | Level 6

Good to know! Perhaps I am fighting with the system to do something it wasn't designed to do. My assumption of what VA can do may be wrong so this is helpful to know. 

Would you then suggest doing the analysis in SPSS or something equivalent and then use VA to display it in an interactive report? 

Reeza
Super User
Do you have only VA or do you have Viya with the components to do data wrangling as well?
If not, I'd use something else and present results in VA.

Note that you can use VA to do this....just not sure you should be, especially if you need to do any data cleaning/recoding and such.
abparks_jl
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your response! You confirmed my suspicions that I was using SAS VA incorrectly or rather - trying to make it do something that it isn't so great at doing.

Really appreciate it. Saved me a lot of time fighting with the system.
Cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 in conversation