BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hassan0707
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

We are using SAS 9.4 in distributed mode. I have to tune the mid tier as per the documentation available(https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/appsrvtuning/69859/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n11d31ckagwa...). I see below three files in Lev1/

sas.servers.pre
sas.servers.mid
sas.servers

I have to update the Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/lib/jta.properties file. I have thought of below two ways to do this.

1. Stop the SAS platform using sas.servers, update the file and restart the platform with sas.servers.
2. Stop the SAS middle tier using sas.servers.mid, update the file and restart the middle tier with sas.servers.mid.

Could anyone please let me know which of the aforementioned step would be appropriate? If there is anything else I need to take care before and after updating the file?

Regards
hassan_0707

1 REPLY 1
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @hassan0707 

sas.servers is the main script, that internally calls sas.servers.pre and sas.servers.mid to start/stop/restart SAS Services on that particular Tier. If there isn't any constraint on the downtime etc., I would suggest you to go ahead and use "sas.servers" script and restart all the SAS Services after you have made your change. As a best practice, take backup of the file you are going to modify.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation