BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kaiyuzhu
Calcite | Level 5

Please help. 

I wonder if SAS Viya can build a report/dashboard based on non-memory data? for example, my memory is limited, can my reports use direct query to source data from Hive database? 

4 REPLIES 4
kaiyuzhu
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks very much for your reply @alexal 

If that's the case, what should I do if my report dataset is too big then? Is increasing the memory the only solution?

Does this also mean the report/dashboard can't have up-to-date live data? 

In Power BI, you can create a direct query to fetch report data directly from backend database so you can see up-to-date data at the front end report, How do I implement this in SAS Viya though? This functionality seems very common to me .

Also another question is : can dashboards build based on CAS table( *.sashdat file)?

Thank you

alexal
SAS Employee

@kaiyuzhu ,

How big is your dataset? How much RAM is available for you on the CAS nodes?

kaiyuzhu
Calcite | Level 5

@alexal  my dataset is around 60G, my RAM is only 30G, and we don't have budget to upgrade RAM at the moment, that's why I' seeking alternative solution

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation