BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
arindam1984
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

In SAS VA 7.1, I can create geo bubble plots. The size and color dimention of the bubble gets displayed when the mouse hovers over the bubble. Is there any way of removing this display?

Actually I want to display few specific values and not the dimention values. The dimention values are 0/1/2 values to make the bubble look the way I want to. However I want to display few other values when the mouse hovers above the bubble. I have added those measures from the Data Tip Value option. It seems I can add new variables in this box but cannot remove dimentions of bubble in this box.

Any way to get this working? I am working in the Designer mode.

Thanks

Arindam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Arindam,

If I understand correctly, you want the data tip to show ONLY the values of the measures on the Data Tip Value role.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to do this.

Sam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Arindam,

If I understand correctly, you want the data tip to show ONLY the values of the measures on the Data Tip Value role.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to do this.

Sam
arindam1984
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for your response. It would be great if this feature is available!
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

Arindam, thanks for your suggestion. I can understand in your situation why you don't want the measures assigned to the color and size role to display in the mouse-over text. Could you please enter your suggestion in the Ideas Section of the community?

Rick

arindam1984
Obsidian | Level 7

Actually in bubble plot there are two main measures to give, 1 for size and 1 for color. While there is no alternative in size part, there seems to be an alternative to color part. There is an option to create display rule and there I can create display rule for each value of the measure that I am using as color measure for bubble. In other words, I can remove measure from bubble color section and just rely on the display rule created. This way the measure generating the color is not required and hence not shown while I hover over the bubble. Unfortunately there is no alternative like this for size!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation