BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stevens1895
Calcite | Level 5

I have created a bar chart with period parameter drop down lists so the user can compare periods on the same graph (method followed: https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2017/11/13/using-date-parameters-in-your-sas-visual-analytics-repo... )

I have used an average aggregate to tell me the average percentage for the selected period.

However, when I select a period from the drop down list my average values fall from around 20% which is the correct value, to less than 2% for any period I select.

The ratios of column height are correct but the average values are wrong, is there a format my data should be in to counteract any automatic formatting sas va does when calculating averages or is there a problem with my date parameters?

Without date parameter selected (correct average)Without date parameter selected (correct average)When date parameter is selected, very low average below the true valueWhen date parameter is selected, very low average below the true value

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

What did you specify to be the denominator of the percent calculation?

I would guess that when the selected date is supplied the counts(or sums) within the date are being divided by the count(or sum) of the entire dataset if this is happening for all of your dates (especially if your total number of dates is near 10).

I don't use VA so can't point to the exact menu item but maybe you can tell by going back through your settings.

stevens1895
Calcite | Level 5

CalculationCalculation

Av. completion period 1 is what I want to find, report completion rate is what i want to average for each quarter (YQ). The problem seems to be here as the values are showing 0 to 3sf for Av. completion period 1

stevens1895
Calcite | Level 5
Date 1 is my date parameter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation