BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm trying to get my head around how to pass filters in one report to another. It's mainly as an aid to learning but using data which could give me useful information as well.

I'm using data with a record per SAS session per user, and have a report with a bar chart of SAS usage. The category is an organisation hierarchy (Department, Division, Branch, User) and the measure is an aggregated measure of the number of distinct users in the bygroup. There is also a slider report control to filter on date of use (a range). As well as being able to drill down through the hierarchy I tried to create a link to another report containing a line chart of users over time (date for X, frequency for Y, grouped on user). I had hoped it would filter on the date range and the users from the bar chart. But although it filters on the users, it doesn't on the date range.

I'm using VA 7.4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

VA 7.5 (and 8.x) has an option on report links named Set prompt bar values of target report. I believe this does what you are looking for.

Sam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

VA 7.5 (and 8.x) has an option on report links named Set prompt bar values of target report. I believe this does what you are looking for.

Sam

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @Sam_SAS that looks like it would do the trick. As with several other issues, I'm going to have to look forward to upgrading to M6 and 7.5.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation