BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bobbyfajardo
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using the Path Analysis data object in SAS Visual Analytics version 8.4. I assigned a categorical variable with 3,000 observations, and I can only see the 500 most frequent observations(values). 

For example, default SAS report threshold will not allow me to find all observations beginning with “MATH”. Here are the problems that I’m currently seeing.

These are observations that exist in the categorical variable:

bobbyfajardo_0-1617910293201.png

I need to be able to select the highlighted observations from above picture inside the path filter list below. But I’m only able to see at maximum 500 observations.  Those observations above are not visible here:

bobbyfajardo_1-1617910293205.png

Please let me know if I can describe in more detail to help.

Thank you, Robert

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Robert,

It looks like you are encountering a limit on the value selector for the Path Filter dialog.

A workaround that you could try:

1. Temporarily create a data source filter to select only values that begin with "MATH". (Create a Data Source Filter )

2. Create your path filter. Hopefully at this point you will be able to select all the values you want.

3. Remove the data source filter. The path filter should remain in effect and in theory you should get the desired result.

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

is it possible to change this configuration (to 1.500 rows limit) anywhere in the environment manager? 

I am working with the release V.03.05 and I would like to change this parameter to be able to create a custom category on a category with 1.200 cardinality.

Your help is much appreciated.

BRs,

Rodrigo

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You might be able to get around the limitation by creating a custom category from a data selection. 

Create a Custom Category from a Data Selection

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation