BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello experts,

Starting in version 7.4 SAS introduced the very useful functionality of "dynamic labels".

I'm trying to display just the average of one measure (let's say Revenues) over the 3 last months. The question here is: how SAS will know from which month to start when I'm using relative period. Should I use a parameter? And how? 🙂

This works perfectly if I put a "crosstab" with all the months and calculate the average with "RelativePeriod" function. However, if I don't want to display all the months and just present the average (in a dynamic label) how can I construct this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Rodrigo

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Rodrigo,

Moving Average is an aggregated operator and it doesn't really work unless it is assigned to a visual like a crosstab or graph.

As dynamic text in a Text object, there is no aggregation context to work with. (Arguably, you should not be able to assign aggregated measures as dynamic text.)

In general, making a dynamic date selection based on the most recent date can be tricky. I seem to understand it is a limitation of how LASR and now CAS handle date values, but it is frustrating. Hopefully someone can help you find a good workaround.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation