BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings everyone,

I posted this question previously and have not had any response or success in solving the issue. Here is my problem;

I have a report that has multiple graphs, both bar, and line. When a user navigates to the report and uses their mouse wheel to scroll down the report and ends up hovering over a graph while scrolling, the graph expands greatly with no way to "easily" return to the original display. Actually, I have never been able to return to the original display once this occurs without reloading the report. I am certain others have encountered this and it has become a significant issue and was the only factor in a less than stellar rollout of the project.

Is there any way to prevent the mouse wheel from causing changes to axises on the graph when using a desktop? In other words, prevent the ability to "zoom in"? Can the graph be made "static"? Viewing through the mobile app doesn't seem to be as susceptible to scrolling since it seems you need to use two fingers in order to zoom in.

Thanks,

Gary

My previous post was here;

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Disable-mouse-wheel-for-graphs-charts-in-VA-7-4/...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've noticed that feature with VA 7.4. AS far as I'm aware there isn't a way to disable it. We don't find it troublesome though as we design all our VA reports to fit on one screen, so they don't need to be scrolled. Hence there is no need to use the mouse wheel.

If there is too much to fit on one screen then we use the button bar technique to swap between different versions of report objects, or move objects to a new tab.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

This behavior is likely more the settings for specific mouse drivers and possibly the application viewing the report.

You may get a response if you mention the specific mouse and driver used as well as operating system involved.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've noticed that feature with VA 7.4. AS far as I'm aware there isn't a way to disable it. We don't find it troublesome though as we design all our VA reports to fit on one screen, so they don't need to be scrolled. Hence there is no need to use the mouse wheel.

If there is too much to fit on one screen then we use the button bar technique to swap between different versions of report objects, or move objects to a new tab.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Also, you can double-click the graph to toggle to the previous zoom state.

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

A work ticket has been created for this issue at SAS. Hopefully, it won't take too long for resolution. I am already getting questions about possibly going in a different direction and using a different reporting software tool.

4/11/2018

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

This issue seems to have been resolved. Thank you!

SoliD
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm still experiencing this, how was it resolved? 

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There is no way to disable the ability to zoom in and out on the chart. I am not sure what the "resolution" for the other customer was. There are feature requests for this, but another way to bring this to the attention of product management is to enter a SASWare Ballot idea. In this way, other customers can vote on it. Product management and R&D do review the list regularly.

SoliD
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks

ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings,

It seems the issue we were experiencing has been resolved but no official word on it. Our issue was that once you used he mouse wheel on a graph you could not return to the original display of that graph, you were forced to reload he entire report. The zoom in and out feature with the mouse wheel appears to be functioning properly now. We were not looking to disable it.

Thanks,

Gary

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation