BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shalalala
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! I have two reports that I am trying to merge into one report. They both use the same data source. One report is quite simplistic (although very comprehensive) and shows graphs and tables. It has a report filter associated with it.

The second is more complex. The data source is aggregated into a new data set which is used to create graphs, tables etc. No filter is used at the report level, only parameters.

If I were to merge the two reports into one without further ado, report-level selections would affect the aggregated dataset, which would be inappropriate.

Any tips on how to proceed?

I guess one way is to use parameters for filtering, but that would be a big job to do.

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Is this a SAS question? You don't really indicate that it is a SAS question.

If it is a SAS question, we would need you to provide example data (we don't need the whole data set) following these examples and instructions, and also screen capture of the two reports and some more detailed explanation of what the merged report would look like. Do not provide data in some other format, Excel files and screen captures of actual data are not acceptable. Screen captures of your reports are fine if you include them in your reply via the "Insert Photos" icon, do not attach files.

Capture.PNG

--
Paige Miller
shalalala
Calcite | Level 5
I have posted it under the sas visual analytics category as this is the tool I use. I assumed this made it a sas question, but I could be wrong. I do not see the need to attach any data as the question concerns general use of the tool and is not linked to a specific data material.

If I have created this post in the wrong place, I apologize for this.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You are in the right place, but it helps if you specifically state you want to do this in SAS. People come in here occasionally with Excel questions, JMP questions, Scandinavian Airlines (also acronym SAS) questions, and so on. If it is not clear that you are using SAS, we ask. Anyway, you still need to provide more specifics about what merge you want to do, and some examples of the tables.

--
Paige Miller
EmilyB_SAS
SAS Employee

Would it be possible to move the current report-level filters to page-level filters and only put them on the pages that need to be filtered by those prompts? Alternatively, maybe you could keep the reports separate but provide a report link between them so they can be opened separately to avoid improper filtering.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation