BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HonestBeeFriend
Calcite | Level 5

I understand that the edit permission of a Visual Analytics report is controlled by the rule '/SASVisualAnalytics_capabilities/edit'. Currently, we have this rule granting only the SAS administrators group access to edit and save the report. Meanwhile, there is an user A who is not part of the SAS administrator group, but should be granted access to edit one specific(!) report when he saves a copy of that report in his own user folder.

So my question is: is it possible to restrict the edit permission on a folder level? If so, what do I need to do in order to achieve this? I tried to edit the Container URI of the rule listed above but it doesn't do the job. 

Thank you for any assistance!

Xingyu

4 REPLIES 4
HonestBeeFriend
Calcite | Level 5

Ofc, we are using Stable 2023.08 right now.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The edit rule just controls whether a user can or cannot edit reports. It is not for granting or denying permission. You cannot apply the edit capability to a specific report. You would have to use permissions/authorization to lock down reports/folders of reports. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation