BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vasireddyajay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using bar chart for representing the patients in SAS VA. In the data, I have only 1 patient. How ever, the values on the Y-axis have 0.1, 0.2, 0.3.. and so on till 1 which does not make sense for persons. I tried to change the options by setting the minimum and maximum value. But, does not look nice because we could not predict how many maximum patients are available in the future.So, any other options, how to  represent the values as only positive integers.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ajay

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Ajay,

Thanks for your question!

Would it be possible for you to share some more information about your data and what you are trying to do? A screen capture of your bar chart might also help us to help you.

Thanks,

Sam

vasireddyajay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Sam,

thank you for replying. Here is the screen shot of the chart I am trying to achieve.If you see the bar chart on the right bottom, I have values 0.0. 0.5...2. But, instead I want them to 1, 2 ..and so on. I am not sure how to achieve this. Since this is aggregated value, I could not change the aggregation.

YAxisValuesForPatient.png

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ajay

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Ajay,

If I understand correctly, the issue that you want to address is the value labels of the tick marks on the Y axis, rather than the actual data values in your plot.

Because the values for your DistinctPatients measure are integers, the tick marks on that axis should also be integers. That makes sense to me, but I'm not sure how to accomplish it.

If it is any consolation to you, this issue should go away when you have 4 or more distinct patients.

My expertise is with the Explorer, so hopefully someone else can help.

Thanks,

Sam

KiaU
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm not sure if this solves the problem, but in the custom graph builder you have the possibility to choose "only show integers" in the properties for the Y-axis..So maybe you could try and build the bar-chart in the graph builder and see if it solves your problem?

Capture.JPG

Br,

Kia

vasireddyajay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

unfortunately its not having the effect. I created a bar chat as mentioned but when viewing the report, I have 0.5, 1.5 values for patients Smiley Happy . When designing the report it looks like when it take only integers. But when I view the report its again displaying the mid values as well.

YAxisValuesForPatient2.png

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ajay

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation