BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CousinIt
Fluorite | Level 6

I wish to use a prompt container to create an indented list.

CousinIt_0-1662640444726.pngMay I request someone to provide me instructions how to do this?

Thank you very much in advance for your specific instructions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

It's not completely clear to me what you want to do.

Are you thinking of a list that would have a hierarchy assigned, or multiple categories, such that you could expand and collapse the criteria?

I don't think this exact thing is possible in VA.

You might try setting one List control to filter a second list by using the Actions pane.

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

It's not completely clear to me what you want to do.

Are you thinking of a list that would have a hierarchy assigned, or multiple categories, such that you could expand and collapse the criteria?

I don't think this exact thing is possible in VA.

You might try setting one List control to filter a second list by using the Actions pane.

Sam

CousinIt
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you very much for your informed reply.... This is my 1st post so I'm relieved someone out there found me and replied... Yes, you certainly understand what I wish to do... and I have received confirmation it's not possible within VA.... however, there's always a work around... instead of a list that A, B, C and I wanted a subcategory under B.... I'm just making the variable so the resulting list will be A, B1, B2, B3, C..... that's my work around and it will be fine! Cheers to you! CousinIt.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I'm glad you have found a workaround that works for you! Thanks for letting us know.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation