BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
debopriya85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am new to SAS dashboards and currently using SAS Viya 3.4

For one of the dashboards, I need to calculate event rate which is "count(event id)/ Count(all component)"

now, count event ID is coming from a fact table which is having 2.7million records (around 7 GB).

and the denominator Count(All component) is coming from another table which is having 700K records

when I left join these 2 tables (left table is the 700K records table) and create another table the table size grows to 64 GB, which causes a massive slowdown.

Is there any better way of doing things.

Appreciate your suggestion. Let me know if anything is not clear

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Doesn't sound like the join is working correctly. I would expect your new table to contain 2.7m rows with the extra All Component count tagged on the end so you can do the calculation. If that is not what you are seeing then you need to review your query. You'll need to provide more details of your data if you need more help.

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Also it's a nice feature to perform joins directly in Visual Analytics, I wouldn't recommend to do so if big tables are involved. 

It's a better approach to join outside like in 'sas studio' or 'data studio'. 

And try creating aggregated data tables in VA prior de joining. then it will be fast.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation