BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
data_ipr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone!

I tried for the first time to design a report in SAS VA, and now I am wondering how can I repeat the same analysis on an updated dataset (with the same starting variables).

Is there a way to access the source code SAS VA is running to accomplish the analysis?

Thank you in advance!

Giorgio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Giorgio,

You can save a copy of your report, and then change the data source for that report. See this topic in the user's guide:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/p1wu8wfn7fpirfn1gsmmivteaku8.ht...

This works best if the variable names in the two data sets are identical, or if the new data set is a superset of the first one. However, you will be prompted to correct any mis-matches in the variable names.

I hope this helps,

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Giorgio,

You can save a copy of your report, and then change the data source for that report. See this topic in the user's guide:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/p1wu8wfn7fpirfn1gsmmivteaku8.ht...

This works best if the variable names in the two data sets are identical, or if the new data set is a superset of the first one. However, you will be prompted to correct any mis-matches in the variable names.

I hope this helps,

Sam

data_ipr
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!

And what if some variables change? For example, I might have created new calculated variables in the first report. Do I have to redefine each new variable for the new dataset?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

If the variables in the expressions for your calculated variables have the same name in the new dataset, then the calculated variables should be OK.

For example, if you have a calculated variable "Profit" with the expression "Revenue - Expenses", then the calculated variable should be OK if the new data set has variables named "Revenue" and "Expenses."

I believe this to be the case. I would verify it but my test server is down for maintenance at the moment.

If the calculated variables are lost when you change data sets, you can re-create them easily by using the text mode of the expression editor. You can simply copy the expression code from one report and then paste it in the new one.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation