BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sam2022
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm linking a table to a page in SAS VA and I unchecked the "enable sorting" because the user asked to, but when the user click on the headers it shows the page with unselected data and I want to remove the linking from the header itself. is that possible?

clicking on headerclicking on headerpage shows all datapage shows all data

@Sam_SAS 

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Can you remind me what version of VA you have?

When I test this on the latest version, clicking the header will perform a link ONLY if a table row is selected, and the link behavior should be the same as double-clicking the row that is selected.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam2022
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

SAS VA 7.5 

the table has a link to a page and when the user click a row a pop-up page shows, but if the user also click the header the pop-up page also shows but without any filter.

i tried to enable sorting and it works the header is unclickable, but they requested from a table without sorting plus link.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

As long as there is at least one row selected in the list table and Enable sorting is disabled, then clicking the column header will open the link filtered by the selected row. You cannot disable that behavior. 

Sam2022
Obsidian | Level 7
But I didn't select any row. When I enable sorting the header is unclickable but if it's disable the user can click on headers.
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I don't know why I did not reproduce this issue before, but I see it now. If you double-click the header row, then the linked pages does open and the table is not filtered. I don't see any way to change this behavior. I expect it is working as designed to enable you to link without filtering. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation