BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
leonardoacn
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I would like to know how it's possible to maintain on the x and y axis all the range measures (in this case: days and calls) and the same chart structure.

When I use either the whole data-set aggregated or an ID which makes calls every day there is no problem.

Instead when there aren't any value recorded within some days SAS VA keeps on the 2 axes, just the value recorded for that ID.

For instance I have the following data-set

ID

DAY

NUMBER OF CONTACTS

Jhon01

01/06/2015

Jhon01

02/06/2015

Jhon01

03/06/2015

Jhon01

04/06/2015

Mark04

03/06/2015

The aim is to have the exact graph structure of Jhon01 when instead I'm focusing on Mark04.

Graphs.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

Graphs.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

In the data explorer, there is "lock axis" feature that would be helpful here.

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68027/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1lmw8djws5vmin1lhgo...

I'm not sure if the same feature is available in the report designer, but you can manually set the min and max values for the axes if that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sam

leonardoacn
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam,

thank for your support

I tried as you specified but I’m encountering the same issue since I can't fix the x axis.

I need to maintain on the axis of abscissae (x) al the days of the week even if a consumer is calling just on Monday.

I should have trace of his numeric weather he's calling or not.

The problem that on my dataset I just have the records of the days when he’s calling.

Thanks again!

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi again,

I see your problem, you cannot lock the X axis for a line plot.

If you go into the report designer and create a time series plot, then you can manually specify the min and max values for the X axis. That might help, although you do have to hardcode the min/max values.

leonardoacn
Calcite | Level 5

It works.

Thanks a lot!

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

So glad you found your solution, leonardoacn!

Please mark the "correct" answer so other community members will know what worked.

Thanks!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation