BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sierragb
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS Viya for Learners and this is my first time using SAS. I have created a Decision Tree within SAS Visual Analytics - Explore and Visualize. It gives me 4 visuals but I just want to export a picture of the decision tree. I can export the entire view with all of the visuals but I can't seem to export just the tree itself (in the screenshot it is outlined in red). Is there a way to do so? 

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyB_SAS
SAS Employee

I do not think you can isolate just the decision tree using the Save Image or Print Object options in Visual Analytics. I would suggest using a screenshot tool such as Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of just the decision tree, or you can use the Save Image option and then crop the image to remove the other visuals.

EmilyB_SAS
SAS Employee

@sierragb - One other thing I discovered that you could try. In the Options for the decision tree, under Model Display, change the layout to Stack

EmilyB_SAS_0-1707745569072.png

This will place the 4 visuals into a stack container, which shows them each individually rather than all in one shot. If you do this and then select Save Image, it will show only the decision tree (or whichever visual you have displayed in the stack at the time). 

Note that it will include the labels/tabs for switching between the visuals in the stack, but it still only focuses on one object at a time. 

Example:

EmilyB_SAS_1-1707745702508.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation