BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nandani
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am new to SAS. I want to create a geo-map displaying frequency of occurrences of something.  but it should be able to access countries, states and cities in the map. I tried with geo-hierarchy.  But after creating the geo map, it was not drillable to states and cities. Only displaying country info on the map.

Help me if you know how to do this.

Appreciate your help.

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you using SAS Visual Analytics for this? I'm guessing that's the case given the steps you've described so far. I'll move this topic to the SAS VA forum.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello, if you are using SAS Visual Analytics, please let us know which version you have.
Nandani
Calcite | Level 5

I am using student Access >> learners 3.5

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

@Nandani wrote:

I am using student Access >> learners 3.5

I'm not sure what apps are in that offering. When you are creating the geo maps, does the app say "SAS Visual Analytics" at the top, or is it something else?

Here is what VA looks like:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/8.5/vareports/p1meq1jkn3ge3xn10om2gxwooyvw.htm

Thanks,
Sam

Nandani
Calcite | Level 5

Hey Sam, 

Thanks, you are correct, It looks like this.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Drillable geomaps are supposed to work and they do work in newer versions of VA.

When I try it on VA 8.5, it looks like there is a bug in the filter part of the drill-down:

drillmapa.png

Is that the behavior you are seeing? If you could report this to SAS Technical Support, it is possible we could attempt to hotfix the 8.5 release.

If you get a newer version of VA, this should be working the way you would expect.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation