BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
abaxter
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I'm using SAS Visual Analytics 8.3.1.  I'm working on a barchart and trying to figure out a way to allow the user to select either the grouping or lattice variable.  I'm looking for something different than filtering on a particular value of a grouping variable; I'd like the user to be able to select the grouping variable, itself.  For example, by "ProgramType" or "InstitutionType" or "institutionSize."  The basic set up of the bar chart would be the same, but the number of categories within the group would depend on what group the user selected.  So Program type might have values--Private and Public--with one bar for each.  Or InstitutionSize might have three values--top, middle, and bottom tertile--so three bars.  I've searched for a way to do this, and can't find it, but I'm also new to this wonderful tool, and may be missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation