BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The rank option in the right panel comes in handy. 

But how can I use a rank-by construct?

In a data step I would i.e. apply the "first" function to reset the rank counter on the aggregated data like an output of proc freq.

But in VA I don't know how to solve it. 

I was trying around with aggregated data source + aggregated cell, but I do not succeed in resetting every time a new outer group starts.

rank by.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@Sam_SAS any idea? Thanks a lot in advance

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. Your workaround with the cumulative total seems to provide a line number, but did you want this number to start over at one for each value of the TMA category?

Sam

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks for replying to me call 🙂

Yes, indeed, I want to filter the object by those TMAIMGs that are the TOP3 most frequent BY their TMA group. 

If I use the rank option with TOP3 and add the TOP3 by TMA, the result is not satisfactory. 

Therefore I thought about creating a rank that starts over for every new TMA group. This value I could use in the filter i.e.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for the clarification, I understand the goal now.

I am not sure of how to do this in VA, unfortunately. Someone else might know a way.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation