BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have a quick (and hopefully) simple question regarding treemaps in VA 7.4. I was wondering if it's possible to create something like sections with labels in VA 7.4. For example:

example treemap.png

The image above shows 4 different sections (circled in red) with each section having its own treemap. I would like to create, if possible, a similar treemap. Is this possible in VA 7.4?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Jian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Jian,

Yes, four separate treemaps in a precision layout might approximate what you are looking for.

In the later releases of VA, we chose to retain the designer version of the treemap object. So 7.4 VAE is the last version that has the "Additional levels" option.

As I mentioned, in the newer releases you can implement custom third-party visualizations in the Data-Driven Content object. This is very powerful, but you will need to either find a code sample or learn to code with charting frameworks like D3.

Sam

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
If you enable the "Additional levels" option, you will see something sort of similar, but I believe there is no section label like what you have circled above.

In the newer releases of VA, you can likely create a treemap like your screen capture by using the Data-Driven Content object to display a D3 chart.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
I should add, I think the "Additional levels" option might only be available in the explorer version of the Treemap. I don't have a 7.4 deployment available at the moment so I'm not sure.
JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply!

I've looked into the option you mentioned and it's indeed only available in the explorer. Although it's a shame that we can't make it in a single treemap, I think I'll have to ask the others I work with if 4 treemaps with their own filter can be a viable alternative then! 

Do you know if something similar to the option "Additional levels" is available in the newer version of VA?

Best,

Jian

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Jian,

Yes, four separate treemaps in a precision layout might approximate what you are looking for.

In the later releases of VA, we chose to retain the designer version of the treemap object. So 7.4 VAE is the last version that has the "Additional levels" option.

As I mentioned, in the newer releases you can implement custom third-party visualizations in the Data-Driven Content object. This is very powerful, but you will need to either find a code sample or learn to code with charting frameworks like D3.

Sam
JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

I see, thank you for the clear and helpful answer!

Best,

Jian

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation