BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi mates,

I've being trying to look for some solution or option to know why the map background does not apppear.

Check the picture:

geomap.png

Even when i put the data it can create the bubbles but the background does not appear like the tutorial below:geomap2.png

I've tried to do the following  52133: Geomaps are not displayed in SAS® Visual Analytics  

How can i solve this ? SAS VA is 7.3.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello, it seems like the article you posted should have been the solution to this problem.

I would recommend that you contact SAS Technical Support for assistance.
mwong
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,
I am having the same issue and am waiting for tech support to get back to me. Did you have a resolution to this issue? If so, how were you able to get it to work? We are also on SAS VA 73.
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @mwong, i've tried to force the proxy to connect in the internet.

Doing these steps:  Force VA Connect to the internet

This is just to test the proxy server. And will make the background appear and the bubbles, however it only works for 5 minutes.

Hope this helps

mwong
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @DartRodrigo,

I also followed the instructions on this page http://support.sas.com/kb/52/133.html and now the Geo Region Map works for mapping by state but it doesn't work with Geo Bubble Map and Geo Coordinate Map and you cannot zoom in to look at cities.

I'm still waiting for tech support to resolve this issue.  He thinks its my data set but it does not make sense since when you click on GeoMap, it's suppose to lay out a background map.  Until tech support can figure it out, I'm resorting to using Microsoft PowerMap and Power BI Desktop to do the mapping. 

shewzz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @mwong

Have you able to resolved this issue? Got the same issu also. Thanks.

Best Shew

mwong
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @shewzz,

Yes, we were able to resolve this issue.  It turns out our proxy server was preventing VA from downloading the maps. 

Hope this helps.

Karthveeryarjun
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @mwong,

Could you please let me know what Url did you add to get through proxy.

Appreciate your help.

mwong
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi @Karthveeryarjun,

I don't recall adding an url exception to get through the proxy. Here's the link to what we added to resolve the issue: http://support.sas.com/kb/52/133.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation