BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rajsukh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We have a financial year running from July to June, with 5,5,4 structure.

What can be done to manipulate this in SAS VA 7.3 using periodic functions.

Unless I hardcode rawdata, that is only way to enable year to date or if I use a list table to manipulate combined with parameters.

I would much rather prefer to have a table which should day, week, month, quarter, year to date and comparison to last year. This table needs to be manipulated with drop downs.

Is there is a very simple solution is SAS VA that I should be leveraging to resolve this issue. It almost seems like SAS VA can only deal with calendar year only !

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

thks,

Sukh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Sukh,

Unfortunately the periodic calculations within the VA interface is only for calendar year. Discussions and requests to have this for financial year have been had in other threads, see below...

Period calculations in VA using Financial Year

I would like to know how to make a fiscal year

An alternative would be do use this finanical year calculations using SAS as part of your data preparation prior to loading into VA.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Sukh,

Unfortunately the periodic calculations within the VA interface is only for calendar year. Discussions and requests to have this for financial year have been had in other threads, see below...

Period calculations in VA using Financial Year

I would like to know how to make a fiscal year

An alternative would be do use this finanical year calculations using SAS as part of your data preparation prior to loading into VA.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
rajsukh
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Michelle,

We did this as part of data preparation using SAS Office Analytics (Enterprise Guide). Had to code and partly aggregate. Hope there will be a better solution in long run which enables self service of less technical users.

thks,

Sukhbir
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks Sukhbir for posting what you did to achieve this.

Agree - hopefully there will be a built-in financial year capability in the future.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Sukhbir,

Support for fiscal year calendars has been one of the most highly-requested features for VA and we plan to offer it soon.

Thanks,
Sam
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Sam,

Any details on that functionality? will it be flexible in order to supoprt other calndars such as academic year?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I can't make any promises about future planned features, but currently the plan is to allow you to start the year on any month, for the cumulativePeriod operator (which is used for YTD calculations.)

rajsukh
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Sam,

Yes it needs to work with a 5,4,4 week accounting calendar. So 5 weeks for period 1, 4 weeks for period 2 and 4 weeks for period 3. Then again 5 weeks for period 4, 4 weeks for period 5 and 4 weeks for period 6 etc. etc. .

chrs,

Sukhbir
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Sukhbir,

I will have to check on the 5,4,4 calendar.

Thanks,
Sam
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Support for 4-4-5 type calendars is currently being considered. Hopefully we can offer this in the future.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation