BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We've recently started getting an error when uploading to VA using Chrome. 

Error that appears in Chrome is 

Due to a network issue, browser type, or large file size, the file "Test.xlsx" was not transferred to the SAS server. 

Please try again, try a different web browser, or contact your system administrator.

and in SASVA_WorkspaceServer log file on VA server, I'm getting 

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

ERROR: Connection Failed. See log for details.

Anyone know what's happening here? Would it be security related that it's working on one and not the other, or have Google made changes to Chrome recently, as it was working up until a few weeks ago.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Looks like this is related to Chrome's newest version. Version 73 it works but as soon as go to version 74, it fails. 

ArvindElayappan
Fluorite | Level 6

Any updated on this, I am having issues for chrome version 77.

titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Response I got off SAS support back in May was 

Further to the issue you saw when importing Excel and CSV files using Chrome version 74, using Visual Analytics 7.4, this has been replicated and a new defect raised.  As this is not an issue in the new VA 7.5 due out shortly, there are no plans to fix the issue in VA 7.4, and sorry but the recommendation is to use another supported browser, or use an older version of Google Chrome.

I've just been managing it by getting users to use IE until we upgrade to 7.5.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There is a hot fix for this issue:

http://support.sas.com/kb/64/181.html  

However, I would not expect the problem in the note to occur in Chrome 77. There are different reasons why you  might not be able to import. See the Next Steps section of the note for more tips. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation