BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CarmenL
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

For SAS VA 7.2

I have a several categories in a Control List, and I would like do a multiple selection from a Interaction with a Control Text Input, but the interaction between Text Input and List only permit one selection no more

Or the other option that is ok for me, is a option inside List that permit delete all the selection

It is because I have several categories in a List and is difficult do multiple selection.

Screen1.jpgScreen2.jpgScreen3.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Carmen,

Rather than setting up a direct interaction between your text input control and your list control, you can use a parameter, associated with your text input control, along with an advanced filter expression associated with your list control. In that filter expression for the list, use the Contains operator.

I hope that helps. Let us know how it goes or if you get stuck.

Rick

CarmenL
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Rick, but it doesn´t allow to make selection of different categories, this solution only allows me to make the selection of a single category, when I try to select other category then the first category that I select is deleted.

I need to select different categories from text input control 

CarmenL
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Rick, but it doesn´t allow to make selection of different categories, this solution only allows me to make the selection of a single category, when I try to select other category then the first category that I select is deleted.

I need to select different categories from text input control 

Anna_Len
Calcite | Level 5

Did anyone get a solution to this, I am having the same problem as outlined in the original post

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation