BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ldenney
Obsidian | Level 7

I am considering implementing ARCGIS server from ESRI with Visual Analytics. I like the visual analytics SAS provides but I also prefer the true GIS environment ESRI provides. My goal is to get these two platforms to work together...Does anyone have any experience they are willing to share about configuring ESRI maps with SAS VA? Does the functionality of ARCGIS translate to the VA environment? Pitfalls?

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
ROY30426
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi I have same demand.....

Did you config successfully?

Many Thanks!

Roy

ldenney
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Roy -

The short answer is no...I'm still exploring the capabilities and haven't purchased an ESRI ARCGIS server yet.

My request is to find someone else who has successfully implemented the SAS VA/ESRI combination and find out if it works before moving forward with ARCGIS server. It appears from the VA documentation VA connects to the ESRI server environment by changing the config settings from openstreet map to ESRI. Before pursuing the purchase of ARCGIS server, I'm interested in learning if the functionality of ESRI works in VA or if the ESRI server just displays a map with no ability to interact with the data. I have a license for ARCGIS Online, but there is not any indication SAS VA connects to ARCGIS online. .

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
ROY30426
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi , I have configed it sucessfully.

I  referenced public ArcGIS Online sample map services that do not require authentication.

Just Follow the step below:

STEP 1 On the Plug-ins tab in SAS Management Console, navigate to Application Management -->Configuration Manager --> SAS Application Infrastructure --> Visual Analytics 7.x. Right-click, and select Properties.

STEP 2 config your ERSI  URL  on the advanced tab ,and i used "http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services" which is not require authentication. The URL should config in "va.SASGeomapEsriURL".

2.png

STEP 3 

On the SAS Application Infrastructure node, update the advanced property sas.web.cdps.knownHosts to include the Esri URL.

STEP 4 

Restart the web Application server. 

In the VA report designer/ explorer ,you can select the map service you want.

1.png 

For more detailed configuration you can download the VA Administration Guide for your VA version.

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/

Good luck!

Roy

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I didn't realize they had a "free" set of maps available.  I'll be curious to hear any thoughts, reviews, or limitations that you encounter.

Thanks for sharing Roy.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation