BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ggwp
Calcite | Level 5

When I am trying to create a Dual Line Graph in SAS VA, by default the scales of the two different graphs are adjusted according to the individual line. So in the same graph the scale for one line is different from the other graph. This necessarily means that same height of the two lines does not mean same value.

I want to know if it is possible to set same scale for both the graphs in SAS VA. Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6
Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ggwp,

To my best knowledge it is not possible to synchronize Y-axes using a simple property in SAS VA 7

I thought of a workaround adding shared min and max values as extra vars in the data preparation. You can show these min/max values as extra lines in a newly created custom graph. Use background colours for these min/max lines to hide them.

Cheers, Frank

daviddavid
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the exact same issue - Want to both axis to have the same scale!

Is there any solution to this problem yet??

Thanks!

//David

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

On the Properties tab, there is a min and max setting for the Y and X axis. Did you try setting both to be the same fixed values?

Region Capture.jpg

Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

Setting fixed maximum on Y-axis in both graphs may solve this issue in short-term. When ranges change over time you might have to change those fixed values. My 'solution' above is dynamically setting ranges to the max values from the data.

daviddavid
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, the problem with that method is that the Max value then isn't dynamic!

GraceRuns
Calcite | Level 5

Why not use a regular Line Chart with two measures?  Why use the dual?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation