BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

In VA 7.4, I'm trying to make a bubble plot with a color gradient that goes from one color to another, For example: Example bubble plot gradient.png 

I know that VA automatically creates a data range for the color gradients/legend. Although this is nice, I would like to customize the data range a bit more to adjust the tipping points for the color gradients.

I've found here (chapter 25, page 154): https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/PDF/default/vaug.pdf that it's possible to set a custom data range for the plot. As seen in the image above, however, when I right-click the legend, I don't get the 'Configure Color Gradient' option to customize the range of the color gradients.

I know that I have to change the color of the gradient in the Styles tab in VA 7.4. However, there is no option to customize the data range in the Styles tab either. 

As such, I was wondering whether I'm missing something or that I'm looking in the wrong place. I hope someone could help me out with this (hopefully easy) question!

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The documentation is describing a feature available only in SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. You should be able to create the bubble plot in explorer and export as a report. However, some modifications are not possible for explorations exported to a report. 

I checked Visual Analytics 7.5 (which has combined the explorer and designer) and it looks like gradient options are available in that version. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The documentation is describing a feature available only in SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. You should be able to create the bubble plot in explorer and export as a report. However, some modifications are not possible for explorations exported to a report. 

I checked Visual Analytics 7.5 (which has combined the explorer and designer) and it looks like gradient options are available in that version. 

JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Madelyn,

Thank you for the reply! That explains why I couldn't seem to get the option to work. It seems I overlooked the part that describes it to be in the explorer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation