BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
miyap
Calcite | Level 5
Currently there are some date formats that I choose from a pre-defined list eg ‘Date’, ‘Day, Date’ etc. For the ‘Day, Date’ format, the only format is like ‘Wednesday, September 21, 2019’. This format is too long for me to display in my report. Is there a way to create a customised format such as ‘Wed Sep 21 2019’’ as another date format ? Pls note that I still want to use this field to sort according to date order.

I am using SAS VA 7.5 now.
1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello,

Creating custom formats is an administrative task in VA, so you will need the appropriate permissions. Defining a custom date format will involve some complex PROC FORMAT code, so it might be a good idea to search and see if someone has already created the code to make the format you want.

This page has some general information about custom formats in VA 7.5 and earlier:
https://support.sas.com/kb/47/100.html

Let us know if that helps,
Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation