BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tyi7689okt
Calcite | Level 5

I have a calculated variable with values that are based on a parameter. The parameter is choosing which category variable to use as a group for the bar chart. I am trying to apply a custom sort to this variable, but am experiencing issues. Initially it seems to be working, and I am able to sort for first parameter value, but then when I change the parameter and try to sort those values, it erases my previously defined sorting. In 7.4 it kept my previous sorts, and in dashboards moved from 7.4 to 7.5 the sorting for these types of variables is preserved. Is there a different way in 7.5 that I have to do these kind of sorts?

1 REPLY 1
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Visual Analytics never officially supported the ability for report viewers to swap out data variables on the fly. So, the workaround from 7.4 and earlier does not work in 7.5x. Beginning in Visual Analytics 8.4, report viewers can swap out a different data item as long as the Viewer Customization level on the report is Data edits

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation