BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
peter_gerngross
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I created a list table in VA. By default, the column label of the data source is displayed as the column header in the report. I need to display the "name in data source" as column header. Is there an easy way to do this without changing the label in the data source?

Thanks

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I was going to suggest creating duplicates of each column and renaming those. Making calculated items is basically the same thing but a little bit more work.

If you go to this link:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas/label-name/sas%20visual%20analyt...

You can submit a feature suggestion for this (an option for list tables to display column names instead of their labels). The feature suggestions are evaluated by the project management team, so they are very useful to us.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Peter,

I don't think there's an easy way to show the column name instead of the label. Can you tell us more about why you need to display the column name?

Thanks,

Sam

peter_gerngross
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam,

the report is designed to provide a table which can be downloaded by our users, who will use it to do further analyses. For this, the column headers must be the variable names (as opposed to variable labels).

The same data source is used for other reports which need the (more descriptive) labels. Therefore we can not simply change the labels in the data source.

Our current work-around is to add a new calculated item which is a copy of the original item.

Kind regards

Peter

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I was going to suggest creating duplicates of each column and renaming those. Making calculated items is basically the same thing but a little bit more work.

If you go to this link:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas/label-name/sas%20visual%20analyt...

You can submit a feature suggestion for this (an option for list tables to display column names instead of their labels). The feature suggestions are evaluated by the project management team, so they are very useful to us.

Thanks,

Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation