BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VladM
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to add the cumulative percentage column to a crosstab (see the attachment) based on the '%'-column. The %-column contains the percentage of the column total.

What is the easiest way to do it in SAS VA 7.1?

Thanks, Vladimir

Crosstab.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Vladimir,

Is your attached image what you want to achieve?

In a crosstab in VA, if you right-click a measure heading, you can select Create and Add > Percent of Subtotals. Then you select "Percent of Column Total" as the basis for the derived measure.

This will give you percentage values for each column in the crosstab that add up to 100%.

subtotal.png

The name of the derived measure can be edited in the Data panel.

Is this what you want?

Thanks,

Sam

VladM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam,

Thank you for replying to my question.

The attached image is what I now have. Column '%' already contains the "Percent of Column Total".

Crosstab.JPG

I need to add a new derived measure containing the cumulative % within each 'Billing month'.
For example: row 'Cancelled after # months' = 3 should contain the sum of '%'-values in rows 0, 1, 2 and 3 in the same billing month.

The same technique should be applied to the other measure ('count') as well.

Thanks,

Vladimir

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for the clarificiation.

I believe that to achieve cumulative values for each month you will need to add some processing to your data query. I don't think that this can be done with the expression editor in VA.

Sam

VladM
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks.

The cross table is dynamically populated based on the selection in the report. The cumulative values can not be prepared beforehand in de data query.

The ability to add a cumulative sum (running total) of a category that is not period dependant should be, in my opinion, added to the VA.

Vladimir

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation