BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I have Designed a Bar chart with Multiple Measures, So I want Multiple Measures with Individuals Color codes. Is it possible ?

Note: I have mentioned Problem ImageProblemProblem

Required this;

RequiredRequired

Thank You;

With Warm Regards,

Shakti Sourav Mohapatra, Data Engineer ( SAS )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Shakti,

This can be achieved by creating a custom graph (select Build Custom Graphs from the application switcher menu at the top left.)

3color.gif

I was able to make this graph by adding three bar chart elements to the custom graph, setting a shared category role, and then selecting each bar chart element and picking a different fill color from the options menu.

When the template is complete, save it and then return to your report and import the graph template from the menu on the Objects pane.

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Rydhm
Obsidian | Level 7

which proc are you using? sgplot or sgpanel or ?

Please show your sample code. I did something similar to that with multiple panels and different color for each line.

Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

I have tried in it on SAS VA

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Shakti,

This can be achieved by creating a custom graph (select Build Custom Graphs from the application switcher menu at the top left.)

3color.gif

I was able to make this graph by adding three bar chart elements to the custom graph, setting a shared category role, and then selecting each bar chart element and picking a different fill color from the options menu.

When the template is complete, save it and then return to your report and import the graph template from the menu on the Objects pane.

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Can you give me some steps ? with one category with different types of Measures and their Colors

Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

It's not chnaging after the clicking of the related Dropdown

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Shakti,

Were you able to create the custom graph template?

When you say that it isn't changing when you click the dropdown, do you mean the data is not being filtered? Or the colors aren't changing? If you could share a screen capture that would help us to help you.

Thanks,

Sam

Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I have Created Custom graphs and Successfully I have done this chart with different color but i am unable to do category as Hierarchy.Image1.PNG

Thank You,

with warm regards,

Shakti Sourav Mohapatra

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Shakti,

When you edit the custom graph template, change the shared role to accept "Any type" instead of Category. This should allow you to assign a hierarchy.

When I do this, I can drill down by double-clicking on the bars:

3color2.gif

The labels in the chart are not underlined like they would normally be when a hierarchy is assigned to a default graph, which might be a bug. I am going to ask around with the dev team to see if this is a known issue.

Thanks,

Sam

Leef88
Calcite | Level 5
I really like this graph but I guess this is hard to do in PC SAS? Thanks!
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You could ask this question in the Graphics Programming community. 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Graphics-Programming/bd-p/sas_graph 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 in conversation