BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@Stu_SAS I've built for my company a roadshow report. 

It comprises the majority of common visualizations. I started including custom build graphs and even Data-driven-content powered visualizations. 

That helps beginners to understand the data structure that each object requires. And to get a clear picture about the nice visualizations Visual Analytics offers. 

I invite @MarkusWeick and @Renato_sas as well to participate. And all others that feel the mission to spread the use of Visual Analytics accoss their companies. 

We could share instructions to load the report via xml load BIRD command and as it draws from sashelp files it should be reproduceable for all. 

pic3.pngpic2.pngpic1.png

3 REPLIES 3
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @acordes,

I like your idea and would join. At the moment I have access only to VA 7.5. Maybe we could include a comparison of what you can do in 7.5 (under SAS 9.4) and what in Viya?

Best

Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Cool idea 🙂

The VA documentation has a gallery of objects, some of which you might recognize as using SASHELP.CARS and SASHELP.CLASS.

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

It's a nice idea, indeed. Like @Sam_SAS, I also thought about the gallery of visualizations in the documentation when I read about the challenge, which could be used as a guideline or source of inspiration. For a second pass on this challenge, showing how Options can modify each standard visualization could be an interesting exercise as well.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation