BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
denR
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm using SAS Visual Analytics Hub 7.3 to make a line chart with a hierarchy on the x-axis. This works in the Report Builder, but not in the Report Viewer. If I build the report to have the deepest level (days) as default, I'm able to click back to months, quarters and years, but I'm not able to click on the labels of the x-axis to go deeper again. If I build the report with years ad default, it looks like there is no hierarchy used at all.

I've provided some screenshots, could it be that I missed a setting somewhere?

Kind regards,

Rick

SAS days.pngSAS months.pngSAS quarters.pngSAS years.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @denR,

Based on the screenshots you sent, I can see you are using the HTM5 Viewer. This viewer doesn't have the option to drill down using the labels in the line chart X axis (only the Flash-based viewer has that option). You can still drill down by double clicking in the data points in the line chart itself. To make it easier, I recommend turning on the markers in your chart, so you can see where to click.

Best,

Renato

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @denR,

Based on the screenshots you sent, I can see you are using the HTM5 Viewer. This viewer doesn't have the option to drill down using the labels in the line chart X axis (only the Flash-based viewer has that option). You can still drill down by double clicking in the data points in the line chart itself. To make it easier, I recommend turning on the markers in your chart, so you can see where to click.

Best,

Renato

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation