BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BarryP
Quartz | Level 8

As far as I know, I can only assign colors in sort order.  In other words, I can (for example) make the first value green, the second value yellow, the third value red.

So lets say I'm making a stacked bar chart.  I can have the stacked values be something like, "Good" "Caution" and "Bad' and assign them colors of green, yellow, and red.  This is easy.

The problem is, if I give the user the option to filter out the good values and only look and the caution, and bad values, now caution shows up as green and bad shows up as yellow.

Is there are way to assign the colors directly?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BarryP
Quartz | Level 8
Sorry:

Version 8.5 V.03.05
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @BarryP,

A display rule with "color-mapped values" should do what you want. See here:

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.5&docsetId=vareportdata&docsetTarget=p0i3hwa...

Does that help?

Thanks,

Sam

BarryP
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, I figured it out.  You at least pointed me in the right direction.  There were two things I wasn't understanding.  1)  That each rule needed to be written separately and 2)  That I could make a rule for a single chart.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation