BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ssnawaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have an aggregated Measure (PD%)

Now i want the Average of that Aggregated Measure.

How do i do that. Im kind of Stuck.

Thanks,

Nawaz.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You may need to rethink what your are requesting. Averages of percentages or rates are seldom properly interpreted or interpretable.

Example If I have 10,000 students in one school and the percent that get an A is 20% (2000 students) and I average that with a school that has 5 students and 100% get an A would it be appropriate to say that (20+100)/2 percent or 60 percent of students overall got an A?

You have to sum numerators and denominators and then calculate the percentage: (2000 + 5)/(10000 +5) which is about 20.04 percent.

Averaging rates such as percentages really on works when the denominators are the same (or when the samples are pretty close in size with similar rates the difference may disappear in rounding)

ssnawaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ballardw,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am building custom graph with - a scatter plot(to show various sectors) and also a line graph inside it(both x and Y axis) to show their average.

So i have already done an aggregated measure(sum of Sector_PD(group)/sum of Sector_PD(All)) - Thats what gives me PD%.

Now for me to put that in the graph, I need their Average.

As i showed in my Previous File. I need to create a field called Avg_PD% as 7% based on the above.

Thanks,

Nawaz. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation