BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SullivanC
Calcite | Level 5

My VA  is 6.2. When I use Bubble Plot, I cannot find Animation in Role

Anything wrong with VA version or setting?

6 REPLIES 6
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi There,

In SAS Visual Analytics the Animation role is enabled only if you assign a data item to the Group role.

This is documented at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.2: User's Guide - Bubble Plot

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SullivanC
Calcite | Level 5

I have read the Guide and assiagn a item to the Group role.However, I stiil cannot find the Animation role.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Do you have a datetime data item in your table? Perhaps include a screenshot of your data items and Roles tab so that we can see what you are experiencing.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SullivanC
Calcite | Level 5

This is my VA..I cannot find Animation in Role

IUser's Guide of VA 6.1& 6.2 have introduced animation function. I think the animation function is ready since VA 6.1

VA.png

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

As pointed out below the animation role was only introduced in Visual Analytics Designer from VA6.3 and as you are using VA6.2 it is not available as you can see. If you have a look in the SAS Visual Analytics 6.3: What's New document you will see in the section titled Enhanced Report Objects there is a bullet point that states "Bubble plots, geo bubble maps, and bar charts (with no groups, rows, or columns) with a date data item can be animated."

The Visual Analytics 6.2 Users Guide does include documentation on the animation role but this is for the Visual Analytics Explorer visualization (as provided above) and not the Visual Analytics Designer bubble plot report object which you are using as per your screenshot (thanks for providing). Within the documentation for the VA6.2 bubble plot report object does not mention animation - SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.2: User's Guide - Bubble plot report object

If you require animated bubble plots for your reports, you may need to consider upgrading your VA environment.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

justin_sas
SAS Employee

SullivanC,

If you are in the designer or report builder its not there until VA 6.3. Though its there in the explorer.

Regards,

Justin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation